We have heard and learnt about almonds since the time we started eating.
“You need to eat at least 2-3 soaked almonds each day, and your brain will run faster than a horse.” I believe most of us have grown up listening to this. And most of us just go on doing about our business of waking up, eating them and going forward with the day.
Ever thought, why are they so important? I’m sure, none of us goggle. But, don’t worry, we did our research, and we will just make it easier for you, as to why it is important to have those almonds really!
So here we go!
- It’s dense: Almonds are highly dense foods. They are a rich source of riboflavin and niacin. Vitamin E, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Zinc and Manganese. They are rich in dietary fiber, MUFA’s & PUFA’s which help in lowering the cholesterol levels of the body. Yay!
- Boosts Brain Health: Almonds are a source of nutrients that help in the development and health of the human brain. They contain riboflavin which is a very important brain nutrient, and helps in decreasing the incidence of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Reduce Cholestrol: They are such foods that help in decreasing the amount of low density lipoprotein [LDL] and increase high density lipoprotein [HDL]. But this also happens over a period of time. So almonds are fats that are good to have!
- Happy Heart: Almonds, even though we say have fats present in them, go a long way in keeping the heart happy and healthy. The Vitamin E content of almonds reduces the risk of heart diseases while magnesium helps in preventing stroke. Amazing right?
- Makes you shiny: Almonds are great when it comes to skincare regimen. They help in improving the skin complexion and its essential oils brighten the skin and make it supple.
- Prevents Cancer: The skin of almonds has a good amount of fiber present in it, helping the food in its movement through the colon. This movement prevents the buildup of residue and free radicals subsequently leading to colon cancer.
In addition to these, almonds help in reducing your weight [it satisfies your appetite very easily], preventing constipation due to its high fiber content and also reduces the incidence of birth defects in babies. So aren’t these reasons enough to throw away those unhealthy namkeen packets and munch on a few almonds?? Choose wisely what you eat, be aware of what you eat and if it is really helping you in any manner.