Diwali Fever is on so are Sweets.. But Sweets that don’t harm your weight loss progress are rare. Here is one specially for YOU Phirni
- 1 ½ liters of low fat milk
- 150 grams of basmati rice
- 100 grams of sugar or equivalent amount of sweetener
- Cardamom (elaichi) 5 pieces
- Hand full of mixed nuts like almonds, walnuts. Pistachio etc.
Soak 150 grams of basmati rice for minimum 5 hours and grind to fine paste. Boil the milk and add cardamom along with sugar or sugar free (sucralose).
Add rice paste gradually and stir consistently till the milk is thick. Cook till the rice is done. Remove from flame and put it in a serving dish. Garnish with your favourite nuts and enjoy with family guilt free!
Serves 6 to 8 with roughly 150 calories per serving…so yummy so healthy 🙂